We take the hassle out of importing equipment with our Import Finance options!
At Centrepoint Finance we can arrange finance for the importing of equipment through our access to various Importing Equipment Finance options. We can assist with structuring the supplier payments with our access to Trade Finance Products right through to the conversion to the Equipment Finance Product. The good news is that in most cases the equipment being financed is only used as security.
A typical Import Process (click on image to enlarge)
If you are considering importing equipment the key things from our experience that need to be considered are:
- What are the payment terms required by the Supplier?
- Are you taking any payment risk?
- Is a deposit required?
- Is a Letter of Credit required?
- Is the purchase in foreign currency?
- How do you mitigate the exchange risk?
- How do you structure the transaction?
What are other items to consider?
- The financial strength of the supplier – what happens if a deposit is paid if the equipment is not shipped or delivered?
- Does the equipment need to be installed and commissioned at your premises? If payment had been made when it was shipped can the supplier ensure the equipment is commissioned and working to your satisfaction?
- Can the supplier provide the equipment in a timely manner and have it operating when required at your premises?
- What GST is payable when the equipment arrives in Australia?
How we help!
Early engagement with us is important. We can assist you with structuring the transaction to provide additional protection against the pitfalls of importing including arranging the financing of the import (including a Letter of Credit, Forward Exchange Contract and Trade Finance) and the conversion to the Equipment Finance product).
To find out how we can help you with our Importing Equipment Finance options please request a quote and we will have one of our team contact you. Alternatively you can contact us at our nearest location.