WA Projects are kicking off – all good news for Perth and WA!
- Continual expansion of Pluto and KGP is seeing an increase in bus services through our existing clients.
- RIO rail capital works program between Dampier- Tom Price starts in earnest shortly and we are seeing increase in contract work.
- Shut down work at KGP/Citic Pacific/Pluto/Yarra/BHP/RIO in surrounding areas is seeing a big pickup in construction.
- Chevron have taken back control of Wheatstone from Bechtel and are increasingly requesting assets supplied from KTA. Contracts are up for grabs in the coming 3-6 months for the supply of labour and equipment
- Capital works program to expand the Port will take 2 years and begins shortly
- Increase in Port/Rail shut down for existing clients – RH/FMG/Downer and Monos very busy.
Pilgangoora (Altura/ Pilbara Minerals)
- Beginning of regular airport and town transfers to site – they are in first stage production. Shut down work started for Pilbara Minerals as is daily runs between site and town.
- 2nd stage construction program for both Altura and Pilbara Minerals commencing in earnest in 2019 – we expect a high increase on activity back onsite as per 1st stage
- Increasing their site transfer requirements and start construction/ expansion on Wodgina – already in play and they are building an 1000 man camp on site
- BHP works program in port/rail assets picking up and we are seeing contractors increasing dry hire and request wet hire services between camps and site. Doing wet hire for Downer daily for BHP sites.
- Existing clients (FMG/RH) are ever increasing their requirements as they ramp up existing mines and increase the levels of shut down to keep plant and equipment up to scratch.
- FMG pushed the button on Eliwana Project
- South Flank (BHP) civils has commenced with main construction crews to site in April/May 2019. Peak workforce to be 3,000 people and with limitations on beds on site Newman will be overflow and will require AM/PM transfers to site to facilitate.
- RIO Koodaideri starting construction 2020 with civils and earth works commencing 2019. LV/Trucks and Transfers from Newman required.
- Nickel smelters re-opening
- Lithium mines expanding
- Gold mines expanding
- We are seeing increase in shutdown work and request for quotes on long term wet hire contracts.
Construction to start 100% that has been signed off at Board level:
- BHP South flank – Started already, large bus numbers start April 2019 (approx. 4-5 Billion)
- FMG expansion – Started already, large bus numbers Mid 2019 (approx. 4 Billion)
- Rio Tinto – Expansions and new mines, start March 2019, Large bus numbers May 2019 (approx. 3 Billion)
- Roy Hill – Expansions, starts Jan 2019 (approx. 2 Billion)
- Burrup Fertilisers – Construction of new fertiliser plant starts 2H 2019 (approx. 1 Billion)
- Iron Valley (MinRes) – Construction of mine and rail network (approx.. 2 Billion)
Projects very likely:
- Woodside Pluto Train 2 – Starts August 2019 (approx. 2 Billion)
- Balla Balla project – Starts Mar 2019 (approx. 6 Billion)
So there is lots on its way! 3 – 4 years of construction